Self Catering Lake District Holiday Cottages
For the very best selection of cottages in and around Hawkshead
With 27 years experience, at Lakeland Hideaways we can offer the very best selection of 70 Lake District self catering holiday properties in and around our lovely village of Hawkshead in Cumbria. We are a local, friendly agency based in the village square with great local knowledge, experience and enthusiasm for our area.
As our guests say…. “Lakeland Hideaways, based in Hawkshead, is a very professional, friendly company run by dedicated people whose only wish is to give their clients a happy and carefree holiday.”
This website allows you to look round our cottages with 360 tours and floorplans, book short breaks and refine your searches – helping you to find that perfect cottage or apartment for you. We know all our properties really well so if you prefer give us a call – we are always delighted to chat about our properties and we can advise you and book you in over the phone.
Ruth and Gary Thomason
Why We (and you will) Love Hawkshead ….
- Our village has been described as the “prettiest village in the Lake District”
- With Coniston, Grizedale, Langdale, Grasmere and Ambleside all within easy reach, and with the busy centres of Windermere and Bowness just a short ferry ride away, Hawkshead is an ideal location from which to visit the entire south Lake District area.
- Many walks straight from the village through the landscape that inspired Beatrix Potter and Wordsworth
- The Mountains are only a short drive away
- Grizedale Forest to the south, Lake Windermere to the east and Lake Coniston to the west – plenty of places for active family holidays within easy access.
- A thriving village with a school, church, chemist, doctors surgery, post office, co-op and many gift shops
- A great selection of tea rooms and of course, 4 pubs – all serving food and welcoming families and dogs.
We have a wide range of Self catering properties, all situated in the Lake District around the village of Hawkshead and Esthwaite Water, so whether you prefer a traditional Lakeland cottage, or a Barn conversion; a location in the village of Hawkshead, or overlooking the beautiful Lakeland fells; close to local pubs and restaurants,or beside a Lake, we will have a property to suit your taste and your pocket.